Your Maine vacation is waiting for you. Wondering what to do on your vacation to Maine, perhaps how to keep the kids entertained and your spouse/significant other happy? No matter what it is you are looking for, it is all here waiting for you.
- Enjoy hitting the beach? Check. There are about six within a 30-45 minute drive that you can choose from.
- Are you a “Foodie?” Check. Throughout Maine, you will find some of the hottest restaurants around, including several James Beard Award Winners.
- Looking for Lighthouses? Check. Maine has 65 Lighthouses for your viewing pleasure. We have a great lighthouse map waiting for you.
- Do you enjoy “Brew Tours?” Check. Portland offers several, and the Brew Bus to take you around so that you don’t have to drive.
- Always wanted to sail aboard a Windjammer? Check. There are a number in the area to choose from. We like “Schooner Alert” out of Bailey’s Island.
- Whale watching or Puffin tours? Check. Boothbay Harbor offers several great ones. The Puffins are great fun to watch!
- Summer concerts or theater? Check. Throughout Maine you will find some of the best summer theater around as well as a list of concerts that offers music for every taste.
- Hiking? Kayaking? Bicycling? Check, check, check. With so many state parks to choose from, not to mention ocean and lakes, the possibilities for hiking, kayaking and bicycling are endless. We have three great parks within ten minutes of Freeport.
- Looking for a ferry boat ride to a local island? Maybe this had not crossed you mind, but check! The ferry to Peak’s Island is only a twenty minute ride, leaving Portland. Enjoy the views and then prepare to walk Peak’s Island, check out the local history (they were involved in WWII), and catch the amazing views Cliffside, straight out to the ocean. One of my favorite views anywhere!
- Botanical Gardens? Check. Rated #2 in the country the Botanical Gardens are located 45 minutes from Freeport and offer fun for the entire family. The Children’s Garden is for everyone.
- Museums? Check. The Maine Maritime Museum and the Portland Museum of Art are both worth a visit.
- Looking to do nothing at all? Check. The hammock in the yard of the inn has hosted many a guest to a good nap.
You get the idea here. Make Maine your vacation destination and start at James Place Inn in Freeport. We will gladly help you plan your days, make suggestions, and make reservations for you, if you like. Now all you have to do is back your bags.