Things To Do In Freeport, Maine: Five of our Favorites!
- Hike/Walk Our Parks – Choose from three favorites: Wolfe’s Neck State Park, Bradbury Mountain State Park, and Winslow (town park). Wolfe’s Neck and Winslow offer fabulous water views while Bradbury has great panoramic views, all the way to Mt. Washington on a clear day!
- LL Bean Outdoor Discovery School – try something new! The Outdoor Discovery School is the best value around. For just $20.00/person, you can experience kayaking, paddle boarding, archery, fly fish casting and clay shooting in the summer and fall or experience cross country skiing or snowshoeing in the winter. All equipment and instruction is included. Sign up online or at the LL Bean flagship store.
- Food! One of our favorite is heading down to the water (seasonal) to the Harraseeket Lunch and Lobster. Enjoy a traditional lobster dinner (with steamed clams), a lobster roll, or fried clams. The views cannot be beat as you look across at the yacht club, Wolfe’s Neck peninsula, and out to the area islands. It is also BYOB, so stop at the local Maine Brewing, pick up some local beer, and head down for a great meal. Save room for the blueberry pie! Looking for something besides seafood? There are plenty of great options to choose from right here in town, easy walking distance from James Place Inn.
- Bicycling – there are numerous routes to choose from that offer wonderful scenic views (and some challenging hills, if you like). Bicycles are available to rent locally and we have maps available to send you on your way. Your trip can take you to the water’s edge or to Brunswick, the next town to the north of Freeport, or anywhere in between. Pack a picnic lunch and set off for the day to explore the area.
- Shopping, of course. Freeport is known for its outlet shopping as well as the specialty shops and Farmer’s Market available for your perusal. Find fabulous blouses at Jill McGowan or local specialty items made in Maine. Whatever you are looking for, you are sure to find it at the more than 140 stores here in Freeport.
There is so much more, including museums, schooner rides, whale watches, botanical gardens…all within an hour of Freeport. So much to see and do, you will need several days to take it all in.