Maine Restaurant Week 2016 is soon to be underway. This is the 8th annual MRW, the statewide celebration of Maine’s restaurant community, a community filled with hospitality professionals who depend on year-round business from loyal and adoring customers. What better time to explore all of the amazing food Maine has to offer, taking advantage of no crowds and amazing deals and pairings to be had throughout the region.
Maine Restaurant Week (MRW) was founded because Maine’s locally owned and independent restaurants shouldn’t have to lay off employees or take other painful steps to make it through winter. It was decided to start a campaign that would turn a spotlight on restaurants and hopefully build a community of like-minded people who want to celebrate Maine’s restaurant community during winter.
- MRW dates for 2016 are March 1-12. Participating restaurants will continue to be added to the list through February 29th.
- Participating restaurants serve special three-course dinners priced at $25, $35, $45 or $55. Some will serve MRW lunches starting at $15.
- A few menus are online already but most won’t appear until after Valentine’s Day. Thank you for your patience and be sure to check back.
- A new event has been added this year, “Spirit Quest.” It’s a cocktail and food pairing competition and a moveable feast.
- Also the 7th annual Incredible Breakfast Cook-Off welcomes new faces.
- Coffee By Design (proudly served at James Place Inn) is hosting MRW’s finale event, The Coffee and Dessert Pairing. This event proved to be popular last year. We strongly suggest getting some friends together and getting your tickets now.
- If an overnight stay during MRW sounds like a good idea, check out our rooms! They are convenient to all of the restaurants, cozy, and waiting for you!
- Participating Freeport restaurants include: 1912 Café, Azure Café, Linda Bean’s Maine Kitchen & Topside Tavern, and Tuscan Brick Oven Bistro. Stay tuned to see what others might be added.
Take advantage of this opportunity to taste all Maine has to offer. Make your dining reservations and reserve your room today!