Top 10 Reasons to Visit Freeport in Winter:
- Peaceful Shopping – the town is much quieter than in August. You get the same great deals, selection, and great service, not the crowds.
- Enjoy a walk in the brisk, salty air. The parks are always beautiful, as are the beaches.
- Ever tried a horse-drawn sleigh ride through the woods? Perhaps you should!
- Enjoy Freeport’s Flavors of Freeport, Spa, Knit and Spin, and other activities – available only in the winter.
- Freeport’s great restaurants are still open and ready to serve you a fine meal with great service. Try one of the amazing wine dinners at Azure Café (www.azurecafe.com).
- There are plenty of opportunities for snowshoeing and cross-country skiing, both in and around Freeport. You can rent equipment or bring your own; or try the LL Bean Outdoor Discovery School where they furnish instruction and equipment.
- Take time to relax and take in a good movie with that special someone. Go out for coffee and dessert afterward.
- Take advantage of the cold days and early dusk to curl up with a good book and a cup of tea.
- Visit the Freeport Theater of Awesome to catch the latest act here in town.
- Time to enjoy a deluxe room here at James Place Inn Bed and Breakfast with the fireplace or a Jacuzzi tub.