October 22, 2019
We consider the privacy of our guests a serious responsibility. This policy declares how we will use and treat information we collect from and about you. This policy is an agreement that is legally binding. By using our website, you consent to the collection and use of information by us as specified below.
We commit with all sincerity to:
- never sell your information;
- never use your information to market our lodging to you for future stays without requiring your “opt in” and permitting your “opt out.” To date, we have never performed such marketing;
- only collect the minimum of information as is customarily necessary to provide lodging;
- only share information about you when (a) required by law or (b) required by situations that demand immediate action that are to your clear benefit (i.e., “emergencies”).
Please be aware:
- that you may book our lodging without using this website and if you do so you are goverened by the privacy policies of those companies providing the booking service;
- that changes to this policy will only be posted here on this privacy-policy webpage (we do not wish to invade your privacy by sending you emails about changes to the policy);
- that this website includes links to other websites (ex: Facebook, Instagram, and others) whose privacy practices may differ from this one. If you submit personal information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We suggest you carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
Use of Website
You may view and use the James Place Inn website without disclosing any personal information. However, anonymous statistics about visits to the site and to individual pages are tracked for the purposes of better understanding our potential clientele and continually improving our service to them. This tracking of statistics may involve the use of “cookie” technology. If you do not want this data used, please block all cookies by going to your browser settings and making adjustments.
If you wish to reserve accommodation we will collect the personal information necessary to handle your booking. This information normally includes:
- Mailing address
- Telephone number(s)
- E-mail address
- Credit card information
- Information related to any need you may have for special services
We use your individual information to communicate with you about your reservation and stay, to process your payments and to arrange for your comfort and convenience while you are our guest.
Retention and Safety of Your Information
We use a computerized property management system to store business records that contain your personal information (for example, room sales). Our property management system’s use and storage of credit card information is certified to comply with PCI-DSS.
This policy was released on October 22, 2019 and has not been updated. If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us using firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 207.865.4486.
Bill and Mary Ann Hinko
Owners, James Place Inn
Directors, Marbil Corporation