Freeport, Maine is known for its shopping but don’t let this fool you. There are plenty of other activities to keep you coming back.
- LL Bean – not just for shopping but for the icon it is. Be sure to stick your head in the fish tank bubble (not just for kids) and take a picture by the Bean Boot.
- Maine might be known for blueberries however, a Woopie Pie is the favorite desert and you haven’t been to Maine until you’ve had one. Try one at Wicked Woopies or head to Bow Street Market where you’ll find some locally made. Delish!
- Wolfe’s Neck State Park – amazing views of Casco Bay and the area islands, as well as great hikes/walks. Visit in the spring and summer to admire area birds, including the Osprey in their nests.
- Gritty McDuff’s – a great local hangout to grab lunch or dinner. The playground in the back makes this place especially family friendly.
- Kayaking or Stand Up Paddleboarding – experience Maine on the water. Be it LL Bean’s Outdoor Discovery School or renting equipment and going it yourself, this is a fun way to see the sites, try something new, get on the water!
- Winslow Park – a town jewel, our local park sits on Casco Bay and offers beautiful coastal views, great walks, places to picnic…it’s got it all!
- Bradbury Mountain – just 10 minutes from Freeport. Beautiful vistas out to the ocean can be had on a clear day. Great hikes and picnic spots make this perfect for everyone, all ages.
- Amtrak Station – take the train! Runs from Boston’s North Station right into Freeport. A great way to travel.
- Nordica Theater – who doesn’t love a movie on a rainy day, a hot day, a cold day. You get the picture;) With six screens, something good is always available.
- Bhavana – this spa is new to town and offers massages, yoga classes, a Tea Bar, and more. Relax and unwind.
- Maine Beer Company – into beer? This is a favorite stop for many. Enjoy a flight of beers and choose your favorite.
- James Place Inn – one of six B&Bs in Freeport. Top rated on Trip Advisor for over eight years. We provide a warm welcome, great room, amazing breakfast. If that isn’t enough, our hospitality is sure to make you feel at home and want to linger longer.
There is so much going on in Freeport, any time of year is a good time to visit. Foliage season, cross-country ski and snowshoe season, hiking, festivals, concerts, and more. You name it, we have it going on. Visit Freeport and see for yourself.