Christmas Shopping in Freeport Maine could not be easier! Freeport has all of the traditional stores you would expect: LL Bean, The Gap, Banana Republic, North Face, Patagonia, J Crew, and more! as well as many unique boutique stores you would not expect: Sea Bags, Sashays, and more. Listed here are a few favorites where you are sure to find something for even the most difficult to by for person on your list.
Stores Unique to Freeport:
- Maine Woolens – offering a variety of fabrics, textures, and colors. All beautiful. All made in Maine.
- Sashay’s – a fun and unique boutique for women. Looking for something different for that holiday party or to spruce up your wardrobe? This is the place to go. Great costume jewelry pieces, too!
- Brahm’s Mount – beautifully made woolen blankets and throws and gift items. Made in Maine!
- Intervale – I really love this store! The owner works with leather to hand make all sorts of great pieces; bags for women, messenger-style bags for me, and lots of custom work. At a recent visit he was finishing a belt and flask cover for a groom for his wedding. Did I mention the really cool floor coverings made from reclaimed sails and finished in a wax cover? Wears like iron, takes any spill. Many colors and designs, including made-to-order. Great for the hard to buy for person!
- Wicked Whoopies! – whoopie pies in a variety of flavors and sizes, great for the holiday party table. Need we say more?
- Sea Bags – made from reclaimed sails and then finished with great designs, there is a tote size for every one on your shopping list. All made in Maine.
- Mexicali Blues – unique clothing, jewelry, and home decor items from around the world. With lively colors and many fabric choices, this is a must visit.
- Jill Mcgowan The Great Whit Shirt – designer Jill Mcgowan has her design showroom in Portland and her local shop right here in Freeport. Beautifully designed shirts offer a cut that fits and is flattering for everyone. The shop also carries other specialty clothing items so that you can complete your outfit.
- Abicus – a fun store featuring many local artists and their take on jewelry, home decor, gift items, and more. A fun and unique place to find gifts made in Maine.
- Casco Bay Cutlery and Kitchenware – offering knives for the kitchen and so much more. A great place to shop for the chef/cook on you holiday gift list.
Freeport has all of the outlets you expect to find, including major retailer LL Bean. There are also all of these wonderfully unique specialty stores that you won’t find anywhere else. The news gets even better: they are all here in the charming town of Freeport, Maine. Make this your destination for all of your holiday shopping.