Let’s face it: life is pretty darn busy. Between work and family obligations, quality time spent with your besties can often be put on the backburner. That’s part of the reason why I love being an innkeeper: I get to see friends make time for each other and enjoy special events. I love to hear about girlfriends planning a getaway to relax and reconnect with one another. Some time for ourselves and spent with good friends makes us better at whatever else awaits us when we get back to that every day life.
The perfect girls’ getaway is a super fun, memorable step outside the norm. Every guest should feel taken care of and like they’re involved in something special. Whether you’re planning a girls’ weekend away to celebrate an upcoming wedding, or you simply want to spend a little more QT with your girlfriends, you may want to include a new adventure or activity into your stay! Here are a few action-packed ideas to get your planning started.
1. Wine tasting or beer tasting – there are a number of places in the area that offer wine tastings. Or grab some bottles of your own and host a wine tasting here at the inn. We would be glad to help.
2. Hang ten – Get on board for some action. Try stand up paddleboarding, or yoga on a paddleboard. It’s surprisingly easy to catch on!
3. Try cross-country skiing or snowshoeing – LL Bean offers great options, starting at $25/person. It is a great way to get outdoors and share an experience together.
4. Enjoy the great outdoors – go for a walk on a beach and have a picnic, take a hike, visit a lighthouse. You get the idea – get out and get moving!
5. Shop! – okay, I admit it; some of my favorite memories with my girlfriends involve shopping. Picking out shoes, the perfect accessories…and a little lunch to go with it. A good day!
Girlfriend’s Getaway is happening in Freeport June 10-12, 2016. Grab your gal pals and then call us at James Place Inn to reserve the inn for your most memorable girlfriend getaway!